Rare-Earth Project Metrics
These metrics are associated with advanced rare-earth projects that are currently underway around the world, projects which together form the TMR Advanced Rare-Earth Projects Index (AREPI). They were last updated on November 19, 2015.
So-called advanced rare-earth projects are those that have been formally defined as a mineral resource or reserve under the guidelines of a relevant scheme such as NI 43-101, SAMREC or the JORC Code.
The metrics contain data and charts for 58 mineral-resource estimates and 14 mineral-reserve estimates associated with 53 advanced rare-earth projects, 49 companies and located in 35 regions within 16 countries. They also include price decks for rare-earth oxides, based on composite data including published prices by Argus Media Group (copyright © 2015 – all rights reserved and used with permission under license), technical reports by companies on the AREPI and other sources.
Once downloaded, the four Excel files contained within the ZIP file, hyperlinked below, should be stored in the same directory. If you open a Comparative Metrics workbook without already having the Database workbook open, you might see a prompt concerning links to the Database workbook. Simply click to update the links before proceeding. This will ensure that the metrics are always up to date.
In addition to data for individual rare-earth oxides (REOs), data for total REOs (TREOs), light REOs (LREOs – oxides of La, Ce, Pr & Nd), middle REOs (MREOs – oxides of Sm, Eu & Gd), heavy REOs (HREOs – oxides of Tb, Dy, Ho, Er, Tm, Yb, Lu & Y), critical REOs (CREOs – oxides of Nd, Eu, Tb, Dy & Y), Nd-magnet-related REOs (NREOs – oxides of Pr, Nd, Tb and Dy) and oxides of Eu through to Y are included in the Excel workbooks.
Download the ZIP file by clicking the following link: TMR-AREP.zip. It contains the following Excel workbooks:
- TMR-AREP.DB.xlsx is the master Excel workbook for projects on the TMR AREPI. It includes information on the individual projects and their owners. It also includes the master database on mineral resources (Measured, Indicated and Inferred) and mineral reserves (Proven and Probable), as well as historic rare-earth prices.
- TMR-AREP-All-Resources.xlsx shows important metrics for all resources (Measured + Indicated + Inferred) for each project, side-by-side with its peers. This workbook includes datasets and charts. Datasets can be sorted according to preference; sorting the data will automatically sort the associated charts. For price-related datasets, a selection can be made from dozens of different price decks.
- TMR-AREP-Demonstrated-Resources.xlsx shows important metrics for each project that has demonstrated resources (Measured + Indicated), side-by-side with its peers. This workbook includes datasets and charts. Datasets can be sorted according to preference; sorting the data will automatically sort the associated charts. For price-related datasets, a selection can be made from dozens of different price decks.
- TMR-AREP-All-Reserves.xlsx shows important metrics for each project that has mineral reserves (Proven + Probable), side-by-side with its peers. This workbook includes datasets and charts. Datasets can be sorted according to preference; sorting the data will automatically sort the associated charts. For price-related datasets, a selection can be made from dozens of different price decks.
You can also download a high-resolution map of global REE projects too.
As you review the metrics, please be aware of the following:
- The metrics cover the advanced rare-earth projects known to TMR, based on public-domain information only. Therefore, it is possible that there are other advanced rare-earth projects currently in development or operation, which are not included in the Dataset, and / or at the time of the last update, were not known to TMR.
- Only advanced rare-earth projects that are fully or partially owned or operated by corporations, or other non-state-run entities, are included.
- The metrics do not include advanced rare-earth projects located in either China or India, because to our knowledge, no such projects are compliant with a relevant scheme.
- Reliable market pricing data for oxides of holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium and lutetium are not readily available at this time, and thus market values have been set to zero for these materials where appropriate.
- TMR owns the copyright on the above files and their contents. A significant amount of time and effort goes into creating and maintaining these files. Unauthorized reproduction or redistribution is strictly prohibited so please do not share them with people outside of your company or organization.