I recently updated the list of projects on the TMR Advanced Rare-Earth Projects Index, to reflect a new rare-earth mineral-resource estimate that was announced recently. I also made some other updates. The effective date of the updates is August 10, 2012. The specifics:
- On April 17, 2012, Galileo Resources PLC (AIM:GLR) announced a SAMREC-compliant mineral-resource estimate for the Glenover project in South Africa, co-owned with Fer-Min-Ore (Pty) Ltd. According to the associated press release, 16.8 Mt of the resource is at the Indicated level @ 1.45% TREO and 12.2 Mt is at the Inferred level @ 0.98% TREO (each at unspecified cut-off grades of TREO).
I have also updated the pricing used in the Index data, to reflect the average monthly prices for July 2012 and the moving three-year average price for separated rare-earth oxides.
In addition, to the new projects above, four companies with projects on the Index recently announced updates to their existing resource estimates:
- In its March 14, 2012 Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) report, Matamec Explorations, Inc. (TSX.v:MAT, OTCQX:MHREF) changed the base case for the NI 43-101-compliant mineral-resource estimate for its Kipawa project in Canada. According to the PEA, 17.6 Mt of the resource is at the Indicated level @ 0.44% TREO and 6.8 Mt is at the Inferred level @ 0.37% TREO (each at a cut-off grade of 0.2 wt% TREO).
- Tasman Metals Ltd. (TSX.V:TSM, MKT:TAS, F:T61) announced an update to its NI 43-101-compliant mineral-resource estimate for the Norra Kärr project in Sweden, on March 21, 2012. According to the associated press release, 41.6 Mt of the resource is at the Indicated level @ 0.57% TREO and 16.5 Mt is at the Inferred level @ 0.64% TREO (each at a cut-off grade of 0.17 wt% TREO).
- On July 10, 2012, Avalon Rare Metals Inc. (TSX:AVL, MKT:AVL) announced an update to its NI 43-101-compliant mineral-resource estimate for its Nechalacho project in Canada. According to the associated press release, 8.9 Mt of the resource is at the Measured level at 1.64% TREO, 152.3 Mt is at the Indicated level @ 1.32% TREO and 331.7 Mt is at the Inferred level @ 1.05% TREO (each at a cut-off of $260 / t Net Metallurgical Return).
- GBM Resources Ltd. (ASX:GBZ) announced an update to its JORC-compliant mineral-resource estimate for the Milo project in Australia, on August 9, 2012. According to the associated press release, 187 Mt of the resource is at the Inferred level @ 0.06% TREO, at a cut-off grade of 0.03 wt% TREO.
There was a recent change in ownership of a project on the Index:
- On April 25, 2012 Southern Crown Resources Limited (ASX:SWR) announced the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary Rare Earth International Ltd. (REI) to the original vendors of the subsidiary. Among other exploration projects owned or being pursued by REI is the Xiluvo project in Mozambique. On July 25, 2012 Galileo Resources PLC (AIM:GLR) announced the signing of a Heads of Agreement with REI to earn-in to a number of projects, including Xiluvo.
FYI, TMR is tracking a total of 441 rare-earth projects in progress associated with 269 different companies in 37 different countries.
You can access the updated details via the Index page.
Disclosure: at the time of writing, Gareth Hatch holds no shares or stock options in any of the companies mentioned in this article, or in any publicly traded rare-earth company, nor is he doing paid consulting for any such company.
Thank you. Valuable information. I want to help.
1- The rights to the licensing area «T», «M», «ZK» (Russia.Chukotka)
The area of . 1975 : 2076 sq km:
Au -833, Ag -322, Sn-217, Cu -185, Bi-153, Mo-122, Pb -111,
W -50, Co -38, Be -35, Zn -12, Y -10, Yb -3.
Very good 22 area. Near the mine Valunistoye(Au-36t, Ag-1500t).
Forecast: Identified ore junction: Au(5.3 – 60.8gr / t) Ag-(3564 – 19818gr / t) .Copy Kupol.
The area of 1982: 2279 sq km:
Au -1110, Sn> 250, Pb -208, Mo-115, W -55, Bi -25, Cu -20,
Zn -20, Be -10, Cr -15, Ag -6, Zr -5, Y -5.
7 prospective area. Identified ore junction: Sn -16%, (30 000 tons) . Near the mine Tumannoe (Au-100t), Iultin (Sn> 180000t., W ->80000t), Riveem (Au->300t). Forecast: In addition to the known deposits of Sn, Pb, Zn, Mo may 2 deposit Au – (260t), up to 10g/t
The area 1994: 700 sq.km.
Pd -200, Au -190, Ni -193, Cr -82, Hg -58, As -39, Bi -47, Sn -30, W -24, Ag -18, Co -8, Ge -6, Ti – 5, P -4.5, Cu -4, (Sc, Zn, Mo, Nb, Ba, Mn, V, Be, Y) – 1 to 3
Near the mine Hg (Astra) and Sn (Erutta).
2- The search continues. The sponsor will receive a share.
2012: 3,000 square miles of British Columbia (Canada): area, prospects:
Au (6354), Ag (24.8), Sb (15.6), Cu (10.6), As (9.3), Cd (7.2), Ba (5.9), Mo (5.40) ,Bi (5),
Tl (4.5), Hg (4), Se (4), Cs (3.7), Pb (2.9) and TR:
3- Consultation: Rapid and efficient methodology of geochemical prediction, prospecting, evaluation of deposits ore.
I speak Russian. Question: Is there interest?
Best wishes. Gennady . Gennady.email@example.com. Vancouver
I don*t speak English, sorry. Do you speak Russian?
Gareth are we viewing the end of Molycorp? or is this now a ripe company for a leveraged buyout by interest like Blackstone?
Also is there any credibility to a China strategy to depoly the New Reactor Technology using thorium? Innovation within the Kondratiev Winter; Abundant Rare Earths Could Be Energy Future
By Michael Maloney and the WealthCycles Team Created 06/06/2012 – 19:03
@michael: I wouldn’t count Molycorp out anytime soon. The Mountain Pass mine is a solid project and the company has world-class assets after acquiring Neo Material Technologies.
I don’t actively follow the thorium “space” but I think there are some sound technical and logistical reasons for pursuing thorium reactors as a means of power production, for sure.
Comments on this entry are closed.